- ** This item is not eligible for return **
- G20 M340i built before November 2018
- Products that affect or remove vehicle emissions equipment (Intakes, Manifolds, Tuners, etc) that do not have a CARB EO number may not be available for sale in the state of California. Please contact us if you are unsure if a product is available for sale in California.
- CNC Machined Breather adapters
- CNC Machined Temperature Sensor Mount
- Bespoke High Flow Dry Cone Filter
- Silicon Reducer with OEM Specification Clamps
- Laser Cut Stainless Steel Brackets
- Carbon Fiber Inlet Tube
- Heat Shield with Gold Reflective Backing
- Carbon Fiber Airbox with Dual Feeds
The BMW G20 B58 Eventuri intake has been developed to provide the turbo with a less restrictive flow path whilst maintaining low inlet temperatures. Heat and Volume are the main considerations when designing an intake for turbocharged engines. In the G20, the intake system is located next to the exhaust manifold which rapidly heat soaks the engine bay. High temperatures are detrimental for engine performance as the turbo would have to build boost with heated, less dense air and so the only way to ensure IAT’s are kept to a minimum is for a fully sealed intake. This however, results in a restriction with only one stock air feed to draw air in from. During development we noticed an additional opening into the wheel arch area and took advantage of this by adding a secondary feed to our airbox. Furthermore our sealed airbox also has a heat shield with gold reflective to minimise the radiative heat transfer from the exhaust manifold. In order to maximise volume we made the airbox as large as possible with a recess for potential strut braces. The stock convoluted intake tube is replaced with a smooth carbon tube which is also larger in internal volume with a starting internal diameter of 111mm (4.4″) smoothly tapering down to match the turbo inlet. The tube provides a smooth path from the filter to the turbo inlet. Finally we use a custom made high-flow dry filter which is ISO tested for filtration performance and has a larger filtration area than the stock filter.
Crafted from Prepreg Carbon Fiber, the airbox serves 2 objectives - to seal the filter against engine bay heat and to provide a dual cold air feed. Since the airbox is positioned next to the exhaust manifold it is crucial for the filter to be fully sealed so we designed the airbox to encapsulate the filter and at the same time provide a large internal volume. To seal the intake tube we have designed a laser cut plate with a rubber sealing strip which secures to the airbox. The intake tube passes through the plate and the rubber seal ensures heated air does not enter the airbox. To further minimise heat soak, there is an additional heat shield with a gold reflective layer on the exhaust manifold side which effectively combats the radiant heat transfer.