The wait is over. With over a year of development and testing on a stable of test cars in different racing conditions, we're proud to introduce our new Competition Series Front Mount Intercooler (FMIC), the ultimate intercooler solution for your N20 or N26 engine 228i, 320i, 328i and 428ii!
- Designed specifically to fit (and look good) on the 228i, 320i, 328i and 428i.
- Large 20"x11"x3" (26"x11"x3" with end tanks) High Density Bar & Plate Construction Intercooler Core
- Cast end tanks for improved durability and internal flow characteristics.
- Brush finish standard
- Optional Polished finish available.
- Optional Type III Hard Black Anodizing (for stealth) finish on intercooler, end tanks and all piping. Hard anodizing helps improve durability of intercooler fins against damage from road debris (rocks).
- Features the factory style connectors. Fully compatible with factory piping or aftermarket piping utilizing factory style connectors. Compatible with our charge pipe upgrade kit.
- Maintains ALL factory components. No modifications required. 100% bolt on.
- Includes all hardware needed to install.
- Developed and tested for over a year under the harsh conditions of racing.
- Limited Lifetime Warranty.
The heart of the ER Competition FMIC is the massive 20"x11"x3" (26"x11"x3" with end tanks) featuring our famous high density bar and plate intercooler core. It features 660 cubic inches of very efficient high density bar & plate core (35% larger) versus the factory 425 cubic inches of less efficient tube & fin core. Through extensive testing of different types of intercooler cores (tube & fin, bar & plate) we developed our own high density bar and plate core. What's different about our bar and plate core you ask? Fin density. Why is this important? The fins are the main heat transfer surface. More fin density = more actual surface area. What does this mean in the real world? Most quality intercooler cores utilize around 12-14 fins per square inch. Cheap quality oversea cores utilize around 8-10 fins per square inch (some even lower) which explains why they perform so poorly even though a large core is utilized. Our Evolution Racewerks cores are 18-20 fins per square inch. What this means is that compared to a cheap overseas core, we can get the same efficiency in roughly half the core size. Now imagine if they're the same size!