- Direct fit for 2011-2013 BMW 335I/335XI/135I
- Single can mounts in line with the PCV system to separate oil from air using a 50-micron bronze filter
- Helps reduce carbon buildup on intake valves
- Patent pending billet 6061 aluminum can sealed with Viton™ O-rings
- Installs in under 30 minutes
- Robust, application-specific bracket mounts the can in a serviceable location
- Includes pre-molded hoses for simplified installation
- Defends Vanos system and essential engine components from oil blow-by
- CNC-machined aluminum barbed fittings ensure a sturdy connection between lines and can
- Catch can has a 3 oz. capacity for longer servicing intervals
- Internal air diverter increases air turbulence to improve oil separation
- Helps maintain proper octane levels to reduce potential detonation
- Filter and can are fully serviceable
- Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty
The Mishimoto BMW N55 Baffled Oil Catch Can is designed and engineered to reduce carbon buildup, a common issue with the direct fuel injection N55 engines. The Mishimoto BMW N55 catch can kit uses proven engineering from the patent pending Mishimoto 2-Port Compact Baffled Oil Catch Can, with its 50-micron bronze filter and internal baffle to better separate the oil from the crankcase vapors. The engineers at Mishimoto designed a CNC-machined lid that features large inlet and outlet ports in order to match the inner dimension of the CCV hose. This baffled oil catch can defends your intercooler, intake system, and VANOS system from oil blow-by and helps maintain proper octane levels to reduce potential detonation.
The kit comes with two direct-fit hoses, which require no modification to the engine cover, and one direct-fit mounting bracket that is extremely easy to install and mounts the can in a serviceable location! Two aluminum, 3/4” barb fittings connect the hoses to the can. And, like every Mishimoto oil catch can, this baffled catch can kit comes with the Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty!
Our catch cans are different from most air-oil-separator (AOS) systems on a few levels. First, our catch cans are not heated. This means that all of the blow-by is able to condense in the can, including low-octane oil vapors and contaminated fuel vapors. Most AOS systems also drain the blow-by back into the oil pan, while our catch cans trap the blow-by and keep it out of the engine permanently. If you’ve seen what we’ve seen in the bottom of our catch cans, you won’t want that draining back into your oil either.
(1) Compact Baffled Oil Catch Can
(1) Application-Specific Mounting Bracket
(2) Direct-Fit Hoses
(2) 3/4" Aluminum Barbed Fittings