Introducing our Sports Series High Flow Catted Downpipes for your twin turbo S58 engine! Fits 2020+ X3M and X4M.
Installation GuideEase of Installation: (1 Easy, 5 Hard) 3
- Now available for the 2020+ BMW X3M/X4M S58 Engines!
- High Flow 200 cell metallic catalytic converter
- Higher Max Horsepower Power Curve
- Higher Intial Torque Curve. Torque curve hits faster and higher and longer.
- Better throttle response and faster turbo spool up times.
- Mandrel Bent 3" piping. Smooth transition to the exhaust system.
- 100% Stainless Steel Construction
- 100% TIG welded for better quality welds
- Precision CNC machined turbocharger V-Band flange.
- Retains factory donut style gasket
- Mirror polish or brush finish
- Available with high temperature black thermal coating to reduce underhood temperatures.
- Retains factory slip on style connection.
- Compatible with the factory or aftermarket exhaust systems.
- Track tested durability.
- Includes all hardware for complete installation.
- Limited Lifetime Warranty.
We use a 200 cell metallic core for our Sports Series High Flow Catted Downpipes. By having less cells per square inch, these individual "cells" are bigger in size thus allowing exhaust gas to pass through it more easily. Thus, the lower the cell count, the higher the flow. Higher flow = more power, faster turbo spool up (less turbocharger lag) and better throttle response. Bottom line, faster. The benefits of a metallic catalytic converter vs a ceramic like the factory is that it can take higher temperatures and is more durable (last longer). They are also lighter than their ceramic counterparts. Restrictions in the exhaust system robs horsepower and torque especially on turbocharged cars. Thus, removing as much exhaust flow restrictions will increase horsepower and torque significantly. The factory catalytic converter found in the factory downpipe is a big culprit of this and is a major exhaust flow restriction. The factory catalytic converter is made up of catalyst material formed into "honeycomb" weaves. Exhaust gas must pass through these tiny "honeycomb" weaves on their way to the exhaust system thus causing a major exhaust flow restriction. It also causes turbulence after the catalytic converter which causes the exhaust flow to slow down (which increases restriction). By replacing the factory downpipe/catalytic converter with our Sports Series High Flow Metallic Catted Downpipe, more power is unleashed!
Our Sport Series High Flow Catted Downpipes is constructed out of 100% 304 grade stainless steel and utilize mandrel bent piping. They are 100% TIG welded by our in house fabricators and built in the USA. The factory turbocharger turbine housing utilizes a 3.5" V-Band flange which we have duplicated and CNC machined cut out of billet 304 stainless steel. Stainless Steel CNC machined O2 sensor and laser cut brackets are TIG welded using stainless steel rods. The O2 sensor is positioned at the factory location. The factory donut flange design is retained. 100% bolt on.
Our downpipes are designed to fit perfectly with either the factory exhaust system or your aftermarket exhaust system. There are no compatibility issues whatsoever. The downpipes will come by default with brushed finish.
Ceramic Thermal Coating - The purpose of ceramic coating downpipes is to keep heat from the exhaust gases inside the downpipe from radiating out. This keeps under hood temperatures lower and less heat absorption by nearby parts/surfaces. Another added benefit is that by keeping in heat (energy) in the exhaust gases inside the downpipe, exhaust flow velocities stay up, resulting in lower backpressure. The ceramic coating also adds additional corrosion resistance. We utilize the best ceramic coating possible. Our thermal coating can resist up to 2000F of heat. It is available in black only (all the other colors cannot withstand heat that high).