Evolution Racewerks BMW B46/B48 Charge Pipe Kit
Introducing our new B46/B48 Engine Charge Pipe Kit for your 2016+ BMW 120i / 125i / 220i / 230i / 320i / 330i / 330e / 420i / 430i / 520i / 530i / 630i / 730i / 740e / X3 20i / X3 30i / X4 20i / X4 30i!
- Increase throttle response and decreases turbo lag.
- Lightweight High Grade 6061 Aluminum Piping.
- Replaces the factory soft plastic charge pipe that is prone to breaking under high boost.
- Throttle body matched 3" piping unlike other brands that use 2.5" piping.
- Retains factory style o-ring c-clip lock flange. Precision CNC machined flanges ensures leak free connection to turbocharger and throttle body.
- Precision CNC machined MAP sensor and IAT flanges ensures leak free connection.
- Charge Pipe features beaded ends and T-bolt clamps to prevent intercooler piping from coming off from boost.
- Silicone Hump Hose included.
- Optional Type III Hard Black Anodizing (for stealth and OEM look). Hard anodizing helps improve durability of intercooler piping. Resists bent or dented piping.
- Compatible with the factory electronic diverter valve.
- Includes all hardware for complete installation.
- Limited Lifetime Warranty.
Turn up the boost with a tune and find your factory charge pipe break apart? You are not alone as this is a common situation with many enthusiast in this situation. The factory charge pipe is made out of plastic and was not designed to handle the higher boost levels. Well, fear not! The solution is here! Replace it with a higher flowing, stronger aluminum charge pipe! Made 100% of 6061 high grade aluminum, this will never happen again (backed by our Limited Lifetime Warranty)!
Often ignored, charged intake airflow characteristics greatly affect throttle response, turbo lag and ultimately maximum power potential. Smooth bends and minimal obstructions are ideal. We used 6061 aluminum (lightweight) mandrel bent piping to ensure smooth transitions. The upper pipe features a long smooth transition from 2.5" from the turbocharger outlet to 3" to match the factory throttle body, ensuring a smooth transition much like the factory unit. Our competitor's on the other hand run a 2.5" to the throttle body which causes a "step" right at the throttle plate which is not ideal for flow. The results? Better throttle response and decreased turbocharger lag with our Charge Pipe Kit!
All flanges on our charge pipe kit are CNC Computer Machined for precision fitment and quality. The entire charge pipe is TIG welded for strength and beauty.
Our Charge Pipe is available in 3 finishes. It is available in brush (plain) or mirror polish finish standard. It is also available in our Type III Hard Black Anodizing for the stealthy, factory look. An added benefit of the Type III Hard Black Anodizing is that it hardens the aluminum piping and makes it more durable against damage (like dropping the pipe).
The B46/B48 Charge Pipe Kit features two charge pipes, the upper and lower charge pipes. Both charge pipes are included in the kit and are required for installation.